. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Asuntos del Corazon (Matters Of The Heart)

By: Erlinda Mejia Olson

A lovely Spanish young lady asked, "Como puedo saber yo que el tipo que corteja mi es realmente un Cristiano? (How can I know if the guy I am dating is really a Christian?). I stammeringly replied, "Yo no habla español con soltura todavia, solo un poco." (I don't speak fluent Spanish, just a little).

I was caught by surprise that someone would asked me a question in the matters of the heart, in Spanish! I told her that as a Christian married woman, I don't place myself in a position that I am well-versed about all the issues of life. The LORD is my one and only supreme source of all wisdom and knowledge (James 1:5). I pointed out to her that it was very wise of  her to have asked such a question. Wise enough to want to get involve with someone who really does know the LORD personally. Sharing a strong faith is a major factor in having a healthy relationship. The Bible says, "...Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers..." ( 2 Corinthians 6:14).

The best way to see what's inside a person is by their fruits (Matthew 7:16a). A great apple tree will give you tasty apples. But you won't find any apples on lifeless branches. Same thing as you won't expect "...men to gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles." (Matthew 7:16b). If you apply that to Christians, a person who really lives for God will be producing actions, words, and choices that show it. Another piece of useful advice is to ask the LORD to show you who is right for you, and not to tell the LORD who is right for you. Pray without ceasing. Patiently waits in the LORD. He will answer!
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
Related Journals: