. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Friday, April 06, 2012

Jesus Said, "It Is Finished!"

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

JOHN 19:30 ~ "So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit."

The Lord Jesus endured the death on the Cross …

The saddest and darkest moment of the Lord Jesus' life here on earth—the Son of God, hangs on the Cross, unrecognizable due to the gruesome beatings and tortures, greatly humiliated, with the Heavenly Father turned His back on Him as He took upon Himself all the sins of the world. And, though earlier that day He was offered a drink of vinegar mixed with gall and had refused it, but moments before His death, He cries out, "I thirst!"

The Scripture prophesied His thirst in Psalm 22:15, "My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And My tongue clings to My jaws; You have brought Me to the dust of death."  The Lord's mouth is dry.  His tongue swells and sticks to His jaws.  A very painful picture!  Thirst is a dreadful thing.  And, despite of the Lord's torment and the Lord's thirst, He still thinks of the Scripture and is set on fulfilling it.  We must all know that Christ is bearing in His own body the wrath of God which was intended for sinners like you and me, the wages of sin for all the world, and so He cries out,  "I thirst!"  Of course, the Lord Jesus was not expecting water on the Cross.  He knew He would be given vinegar and gall to torture Him more, to burn His mouth and crack His lips. But even in His death, the Lord Jesus pleases not Himself but the Father, and the Scripture is fulfilled.

I claim,
"That the thirst of the Lord Jesus on the Cross was my thirst. He suffered what I should have suffered. His torments were intended rightfully for me. But I thank Him for His love, He did what I cannot do. He died for me! So I rejoice, that the thirst of the Lord Jesus has purchased me the right to drink and never thirst again and the blood He shed for me has cleansed me from all my transgressions." (Erlinda Mejia-Olson)
"but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst.  But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14)

""Come now, and let us reason together," Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool."" (Isaiah 1:18)
_______________________________________________________________________________

Lord Jesus, there is no easy way to describe how You endured the cruel death on the Cross which was intended for me, for the whole world.  The beauty of Your Cross is beyond imagination.  I know I could never thank You enough, but if I may say, Thank You, again for doing the works I cannot do on my own, regardless of all the good deeds I have done and will do.  Your love paid it all, You died for me, for the whole world.  There is nothing more to do, "It is finished!"  Apart from Your salvation, there is no other way to God the Father except You.  You showed it on the Cross.  I praise You, my God and my Redeemer, in Your name I pray, amen.

Song:
WONDERFUL, MERCIFUL SAVIOR