. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Christ Is Risen!

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

MATTHEW 28:1-7 ~ ""Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men. But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.""

Many of us are very familiar with the story of Jesus' crucifixion.  He endured excruciating torture on the cross and died.  His body was placed in a grave.  But as we know the story doesn't end there!  God proved that His power is greater than death and raised Jesus back to life.  The scene sent shockwaves through the region.  The angel who rolled away the stone caused quite a stir, too.  The soldiers guarding the tomb who saw the angel actually passed out and fell down.  But the angel had comforting news for those at the scene—CHRIST IS ALIVE!

It is a message that is still comforting, encouraging, and challenging to us today.  The Lord Jesus conquered death and said that those who believe in Him will also have life beyond their earthly grave.  It's an amazing promise that Christ not only spoke about, but also demonstrated through His resurrection. In Christ, we have abundant life - (John 10:9-11).  Without the resurrection of Christ, our faith is futile and we are still in bondage to sin, and the infallible Word of God is empty (1 Corinthians 15:12-20).  But, thanks be to God the Father of mercies and grace, He raised Jesus from the dead (Acts 4:10).  Christ lives and never to die again!

... "Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.  And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:24-26) ...

The good news is that the power of sin is brokenit doesn't have to control us, Heaven is our destination, and our role on earth as saved Christians is to spread God's truth - (The Great Commission - Matthew 28:18-20).

So, let us  live  every day in a  way  that reflects the life we have in Christ  and  what  He  has  done  for us.  Let  us  not  be  ashamed  of  the  Gospel (death, burial, and resurrection)  of  the  Lord  Jesus Christ, the AUTHOR and FINISHER of our faith (Hebrews 12:2).

"The LORD lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted."
(Psalm 18:46)

Have A Blessed Easter!