. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's All About "ME"

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

2 TIMOTHY 3:1-7 ~ "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:  For men will be lovers of themselve, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power.  And from such people turn away!  For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

"Me, me, me ... I, me, and myself ... Me first ... I love me!"

Me-ism to the Mth degree!  Just couldn't get enough of this person called  "me".

Someone has said, "To most people, the greatest persons in the universe are themselves."  A sobering thought that their lives are made up of endless variations on the word  "me".  As Jeremiah 17:9 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?"

Humans' instinctive reaction to life is self-centered:  How does this affect me? ... Will this make me happy? ... Why did this happen to me? ... It should be me! ... That belongs to me! ... They don't visit or call me! ... They don't care about me! ... They don't love me!  So the  "poor me"  syndrome goes on and on.

It's not enough to be the center of our own universe.  We also want to be the center of everyone else's universe—including God's.

The apostle Paul understood that God doesn't exist for us but that we exist for Him. We need to be reminded of these words from Colossians 1:16-18,  "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.  All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.  And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence."

Friend, if you are tempted to think  of  "me, me, me",  shift your focus to Christ and He will change youfrom "me to God and to others".   Make Christ the center of your life.
" 'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.'  This is the first commandment." (Mark 12:30)