. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Friday, March 23, 2012

Is It Wrong To Be Ambitious?

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

PHILIPPIANS 2:3-4 ~ "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.  Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."

Ambition takes on a negative connotation in situations where men and women have sacrificed their principles to rise to the top, but you can be ambitious and maintain high ethical and moral standards. In fact, the desire to achieve is actually God-given! He doesn't expect us to ask and just sit there, and wait for the blessings to fall down from Heaven without pursuing and utilizing the talents and skills He entrusted to us in order to bring Him greater glory, for the good of others, and for ourselves.

When our ambitions are in line with God's will and His calling in our lives, great things can happen. But selfish ambitions, the desire to get more at any expense, will lead to emptiness, just as God-inspired ambition leads to fulfillment. The world expects ambition to lead to material success, and it often does.  But God-given success is measured by more than just a job title, a paycheck, or trophies displayed which gather dust.  It is reflected in a well-lived life, completed goals, and a clean conscience.

If you want the LORD to bless your ambitions now and in the coming years, start with Him.  Seek Him.  Submit your plans with an open mind and a humble heart to the LORD.  "Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts will be established." (Proverbs 16:3).

Pray without ceasing.  Wait patiently, giving all your expectations to Him.
"There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand." (Proverbs 19:21)