. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Thursday, July 28, 2022

The LORD Is Good All The Time!

Penned By: Erlinda Mejia Olson
On Friday, March 14th, 2014 at 17:41PM CDT
Posted on Thursday, July 28th, 2022 at 6:38AM CDT

PSALM 34:8 ~ "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

In countless times, I hear people say, "God is good!", when all is well in their lives. When God grants their petitions—hearts are singing, praising God with a big mouth, claiming the goodness of the LORD in the midst of their "rosy" circumstances. However, it does make me feel blessed to see people making a loud declaration unto the LORD for His goodness. But what about those times when God is silent. When your prayer petitions have not been answered, and if they were, God said, "No"? Would you still have the audacity to "toot your horn" to God, and declare, without hypocrisy, that God is good?
 
Friend, with all good intentions, as much as it has blessed me every time the LORD bequeaths your prayer petition, and I can see joy and happiness overflowing in your heart, and at the top of your voice, you gladly shout that, "God is good!", and I say, "to God be the glory",  but it would be much more of a blessing to me that even though you are not sitting in your ivory palace, when you are not standing at the mountain top, when you lose control of your life and the life of others, when other people look down on you, mock you, that, in whatever shape, color your life issues are—you are still praising the LORD with all your heart, mind and strength, declaring in all humility that the LORD is good; That to me—is an admirable attribute of someone who professes to be a Christian. And I want to say, "walking as a wise Christian", an uncommon trait that should become a part of our walk as saved Christians, because the power of Christ through the Holy Spirit, is resting in us. I know it is not easy to be singing and praising God when our life is in "topsy-turvy". However cursing, blaming, getting cold-feet before a Holy God, is not the solution. You need to unwrap your mind of the idea that the goodness of the LORD is depicted on how well your life is, when He answers your prayers, when you get what you have asked from Him. Because such superficial image of how good the LORD, is perilous to your faith, thus leading you to an unhealthy walk with the LORD. As the Psalmist says in Chapter 34, "tastes and see that the LORD is good." (v. 8). Unless you unveil your eyes with such belief, you cannot taste and see His goodness. As A. W. Tozer claimed that we tend, "by a secret law of the soul", to be drawn toward and grow to resemble our mental image of God. Hence, Tozer was persuaded that what comes to your mind when you think about God is the most important thing about you. Deep thoughts of God bring us into pure worship and a sanctified walk, while shallow thoughts of God defile our hearts and corrupt our walk. In other words—you become what you believe about God.

Let us be reminded that God didn't create evil. However, for now, for His divine purpose, God allows evil, and can even turn it into good. He has already conquered Satan and sin through His Son Jesus Christ on the Cross, and someday Christ's victory on the Cross will be implemented, and there will be no more Satan, sin, or evil. The LORD Jesus Christ is God’s only perfect antidote for evil, a cure which overcomes evil one way and one way only—with good. The LORD Jesus, as God in the flesh, came to earth almost 2000 years ago to manifest the true nature of God as being good, love, truth, light, and Spirit. No Old Testament saint saw the perfect goodness of God. Only Jesus absolutely reflected, and still reflects, the true nature of our Heavenly Father.  "No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him." (John 1:18).
"This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." (1 John 1:5)
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Father in Heaven, I praise You for Your goodness!  Everything that You have done, and will do in my life, is all good.  I have tasted and seen Your goodnessboth in abundance and in scarcity, in light and in darkness.  I am grateful for Your grace and mercy that abound always in my best more so in my worst.  In Your goodness, Oh LORD, I am able to journalto impart my new life in You before the watching world.  I love You, LORD.  You are a Good and Awesome God!  I praise You in the name of Your Perfect Son, Jesus Christ, amen. 

Song:
THE PRECIOUS SUNLIGHT
By:  Warren E. Barney, 1911

Praise the Lord, there’s sunlight in my happy soul today,
Brighter than the glorious noon;
Christ, the Light, is shining in my heart and on the way,
I shall rise to glory soon.

Refrain:
Oh, the precious sunlight,
Oh, the precious sunlight,
Shining as the morning in my soul;
Let its crystal rays inspire our hearts with praise;
Oh, there’s sunlight in my soul!

Praise the Lord, there’s singing in my happy soul today,
Precious music to my Lord,
Cheering me with rapture as I pass along the way,
Sing, oh, sing in sweet accord.

Praise the Lord, there’s springtime in my happy soul today,
All is evergreen and fair,
Where the flow’rs are blooming and the dove of peace doth stay,
Oh, what treasures rich and rare!

Praise the Lord, there’s sweetness in my happy soul today,
“Taste and see the Lord is good”;
For His peace and glory I would ever live, and pray
That my life be as it should.

Praise the Lord, there’s gladness in my happy soul today,
Oh, what pleasure I have found!
From His sacred presence I would never, never stray,
In His love I would abound.