. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Friday, June 10, 2011

It's Okay To Say "NO"

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

1 CONRINTHIANS 10:13 ~ "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

Everyone has weaknesses.  All of us have something we like to do even though we know we shouldn’t.  Are there things in your life that trigger you to sin or to compromise your beliefs?  Whenever you find yourself in a place where you’re tempted to sin, God promises that there is always a way out.  Sometimes that means leaving the situation.  Sometimes it means simply saying no.  And sometimes it means making choices that won’t make you popular.  But if you think and pray hard enough, you will always discover an exit strategy.  The fact is that God won’t overload you with more than what you can handle or let any temptation come your way that He won’t help you overcome.  You are never alone—He is always with you.  You’ve got His power at hand and His provision at work.  Remember that the Lord Jesus is able to understand your weaknesses because He also experienced temptation (though He didn’t sin) while He was on earth. 
"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15)
He knows what it is like, and you can go to Him anytime and ask for help.  His promise is true.  He will  "give you a way to escape so that you will be able to stand it."

Are you afraid to say, No?  Well, don’t be!  It is time to say NO to sin. That glorifies God! 
"(Loving God Under Trials) Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." (James 1:12)