. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Pray Without Ceasing

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

PSALM 119:116 ~ "Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope."

Prayer is an amazing privilege as Christians.  Although sometimes it takes diligent work.  It calls for commitment and determination.  It is more than just a 'quicky' whisper of our cosmic to-do-list before God.  He wants our an undivided attention as we approach Him.  Both heart and mind are free of diversions.  God wants us to commune with Him daily, consistently, handing over to Him all our cares. 

Our prayer should be more than memos to Godthey are to be a continuing, an enduring discourse that involves asking Him on how we can move on His behalf to further His will in our lives, and not just to inquire about our needs and wants.

Adrian Rogers wrote in his, "Victory Is Just A Prayer Away" :
"Paul did much of his writing from the prison cell.  Maybe you also feel like you are in a prison of sorts today with every door shut in your face.   Maybe you are in a prison of despair and doubt.  Perhaps you just heard from the doctor and received a bad report, or dreading a visit this week.  Maybe you are in a financial prison of debt, or a domestic prison of abuse, or perhaps struggling with an identity crisis, and you feel there is no way out. Friend, I want to tell you that there is a way out for you.  God is still on His throne.  He hears and answers every prayer.  Victory over your situation is just a prayer away.  The circumstances may not change, but your perspective and attitude will change as you begin to pray and praise God.  You and I don't have a need that God cannot meet."
In Acts 1:4, the Lord Jesus said to His followers, "Wait here to receive the promise from the Father."  We too should be steadfast and persevere in prayer and wait before the Lord in expectation as He answers according to His will.  

I know it's not always easy to wait on the Lord, but it is much more difficult if you give up on the Lord. Therefore, pray without ceasing.  Obey and trust in the Lord.
“Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. For a thousand years in Your sight are like yesterday when it is past, and like a watch in the night.” (Psalm 90: 2,4)