. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Be Strong In The Lord

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

1 CHRONICLES 22:17-19 ~ "David also commanded all the leaders of Israel to help Solomon his son, saying, “Is not the LORD your God with you? And has He not given you rest on every side? For He has given the inhabitants of the land into my hand, and the land is subdued before the LORD and before His people. Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God. Therefore arise and build the sanctuary of the LORD God, to bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD and the holy articles of God into the house that is to be built for the name of the LORD."

Despite of the setbacks which came my way today I was able to make it for the evening service.  On my way to church, I asked the LORD to speak to me through the preaching of His Word.  Without further delay, the LORD made His first move through the opening congregational song, "He Hideth My Soul",  I felt instant relief!

It's very soothing for the soul when you know that you are in the presence of God much more in the heart of worship.  When you humble yourself and open your heart before the Lord to receive His Word, God's message becomes crystal clear.

As I was sitting peacefully looking forward to the message, suddenly my heart has turned to waxit has melted away within me when the choir started singing this heart-pounding, familiar song which I haven't heard for a long time.  When they hit the chorus line I knew right away that they were singing the song, "Be Strong In The Lord", (one of my favorite songs of all time)!  I tried to hold back my tears but I couldn't. I wasn't trying to over react, but the LORD has made Himself known and encouraged me through this song that it gave me goosebumps!  The LORD amazingly knows how to stir my heart ... to speak to me in such a way that my whole being has been comforted, healed, inspired, heartened. When I was tempted to feel discourage, I was ENCOURAGED to remember the words the LORD spoke to Joshua in chapter 1 verse 9, He said: "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."  Wow ... I was blown away!  How much more of a reminder do I need ... the LORD is with us wherever we go.

The evening service was sealed by a soul-stirring preaching of Pastor Anselmo Ingay on 1 Chronicles 22:17-19, on this text we can see that King David and Solomon are in the midst of building  the sanctuary of the LORD.   Pastor Ingay said,  "when God is asking you to do something for Him, God is there to be with you ... to guide you every step of the way" ... "He will  never leave you, nor forske you." (Hebrews 13:5).   Since King David was forbidden by God to build the temple, but God gave him Solomon instead to build His sanctuary (1 Chronicles 22:17).  I was more spiritually encouraged when Pastor Ingay said furthermore: "I am not worried as to who will be my successor for the pastoral ministry of the church.  The LORD has already prepared someone who will continue the work I will be leaving behind when the LORD shall require my life."  I felt like I got hit by an arrow! That even made me think of the INTO THE LIGHT Journal ministry ... what will it be like down the road?.  But I know now ... I need not to worry.  If it is the LORD's will, that the ITLJournal ministry will continue on even when I'm gone, that the LORD has someone next in line.

When I was driving back home I found myself singing the song, "Be Strong In The Lord", over and over again ... as my heart was contemplating on Pastor Ingay's message tonight.  O, what a blessed evening indeed ... what an encouraging night in the LORD!
Heavenly Father, Thank You for the wisdom you have bestowed on Pastor Anselmo IngayYour Word has been preached.  It moved many hearts.  It moved my heart.  Thank You for making Your presence known to us.  I surrender all to You.  I love You, LORD.  I ask Thee to bless us with a peaceful night and a good week.  In Jesus' precious name I pray, amen.
Songs:
Give Thanks
He Hideth My Soul
Be Strong In The Lord
Have Thine Own Way Lord