. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Friday, April 01, 2011

Where Is The Love?

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

MATTHEW 24:9-13 ~  "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.  And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.  And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.  But he who endures to the end shall be saved."

Being a Christian probably isn't going to make you popular.  God addresses this issue in Matthew 24:9-13.  In verse 12, we are told that lawlessness will abound in the world (certainly sounds like the morning news!) and that "the love of many will grow cold."  Wow, that is a disheartening thought, isn't it?  Sadly, it does seem that many in this world have already given uphave stopped loving their fellow humans.  But the pearl comes in Matthew 24:13, "But he who endures to the end shall be saved."

I am holding on to faith ... I am holding on to love!  Believers have the promise of God's salvation through Jesus, and the love I found in Him is unchageable! 
"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.  He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked." (1 John 2:3-6)