. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Saturday, November 09, 2013

My Invisible Friend

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

JOHN 15:18-19 ~ “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.”

One of the most adorable scenes I have seen in my life is to see little children praying to God alone, other than the typical solitary play they perform as they talk to their teddy bears and dolls while playing with there “playhouse” set; which is generally accepted as normal behavior.  But if a child appears to be continually talking to thin air and responding to unheard questions, most people would soon question the child’s sanity.

As Christians, we proclaim to the world that we have an Invisible Friend. To a world that has become deaf to God’s call and blind to His omnipotent presence, it is easy to understand that many may think we are crazy.  All they see is a bunch of nutty people talking (praying) and responding (Christian Service) to the demands of their Invisible Friend. This is where many Christians may be tested to deny God.  Even when we hear His whisper-quiet voice and feel His presence, we ignore our Invisible Friend because we don’t want the world to consider us insane, uncool.  But we must remember, the day is coming when we all will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ..2 Cor. 5:9-10 (judgment for all saved Christians). Our once Invisible Friend will be visible to all.

How will we respond when Christ questions: "I have always been a Good Friend to you and faithfully stood by you - but what sort of a friend were you to Me?  Did you stand by Me?" Will we reply feebly:  "I’m sorry Lord I didn’t, someone may have thought me crazy."  The Lord Jesus said, "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32-34).