. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Recharging Spiritual Batteries

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

ISAIAH 40:31 ~ "But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

Today has been such a draining day for me—it felt like I was climbing  a never ending staircase.  As expected, for the journey through life, is never said to be a bed of roses—I need energy.  Of course, the best source of energy, certainly, comes from God.  Therefore, it is but a wise thing to ask the Creator to energize me and guide me today and every day.

As I make the journey toward improved lifestyle (all aspects of life, most importantly -- my spiritual life), I would undoubtedly  run out of energy from time to time.  When it happens, I turn to God for strength and for guidance.

According to Andrew Murray:
"Where there is much prayer, there will be much of the Spirit; where there is much of the Spirit, there will be ever-increasing power." 
"Do not strive in your own strength; cast yourself at the feet of the Lord Jesus, and wait upon Him in the sure confidence that He is with you, and works in you. Strive in prayer; let faith fill your heart-so will you be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might."
These words remind me that the ultimate source of our human strength is God.  When we turn to Himfor guidance, for enlightenment, and for strength—we will never be disappointed.

My dear friend, how are you today?  Are you feeling exhausted?  Are your emotions on edge?  If so, it is time to turn things over to God in prayer.  Are you anxious, worried?  Take the time, or,  more accurately, make the time to dig deeply into God's Holy Word.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:5-7)
Are you spiritually depleted? Call upon Christ to renew your spirit and your life. Immersed yourself in God's Word. Here are some verses I would like to share with you as you seek for God's strength through Christ Jesus our Lord:

1 Chronicles 16:11 - seek strength
Philippians 4:13 - strength through Christ
2 Timothy 1:7 - not of fear
2 Thessalonians 3:13; Galatians 6:9 - seek to do what is pleasing to God
Romans 12:12; Jeremiah 29:11 - hope
Romans 8:6 - peace
1 Thessalonians 5:14 - patience
Proverbs 17:22 - joyful heart

Surround yourself with fellow believers to support and lift you up spiritually. As I can testify in my own life journey, that it takes energy to do God's work. And I have learned over the course of time that a well-rested Christian can be much more effective worker for God. When you are willing, and submit your life to God, you will discover that the Creator of the universe has the power to make all things new ... including YOU.

"My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense; 
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength, 
And my refuge, is in God."
(Psalm 62:5-7)

_______________________________________________

LORD JESUS, the ocean of life runs deep and its depths seem unfathomable. I seek for Your help, my Risen Savior. Guide me and grant me Your strength. Speak LORD, for Your servant hears. Let this prayer be also for those who are seeking Your Holy face. In Your name I pray, amen.