. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Monday, November 15, 2010

TESTING, TESTING 1-2-3

DEUTERONOMY 8:2 - "And you shall remember that the LORD your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not."

Cars are tested to make sure they are safe. Even foods need to be tested to ensure quality and freshness. Everywhere you see the evidence of how testing has made a product better, safer, and more useful.

And so is gold, to be tested by fire, before it shines the brightest.

While most testing is to prove an item is worth to you, God tests you to confirm what He already knows about you. He never takes you into a situation unless He knows that you have already demonstrated the ability to succeed. He tests you for the benefit, to give you victory, to give you confidence for the next hurdle.

Real strength of character is not tested by how much wealth, power, or prestige you hold, but how well you face your own Goliath, when everything that you hold dear, is gone.

When David faced Goliath, he remembered his past victories over the lion and the bear. Ask God to remind you of your past victories when you feel you are facing an obstacle or situation. If God created the universe, and holds your life for you, what then is your Goliath to Him?

But You, O LORD, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head. (Psalm 3:3)