. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Friday, November 12, 2010

MERCIFUL LOVE

PSALM 33:5 ~ "He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the lovingkindness of the LORD."

In my previous journal, we've talked about eternal destinies, two eternal paths that man has to decide for his life - the most important decision you'll ever make in your life. It's a turning point. By God's grace, I hope you found the time to read them, and learned from those topics, regardless of when you like it or not, feel comfortable or not. "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18). For the unbelievers, the whole counsel of God is offensive to them no matter what. But for the believers of Jesus Christ, you should not be afraid or get offended when God's words convict you. All because He loves you, "...for whom the LORD loves He chastens, and scourges every son He receives...for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?" (Hebrews 12:5-7). How are you going to grow in your faith if you'll only choose to read or study God's words according to your liking, and skip the ones you don't like, or convicts you? Some would even say: "It's not applicable to me...so I'm not gonna worry about it now." Friends, God doesn't want us to remain a 'babe' in our faith (1 Corinthians 3:1-3; 1 Corinthians 14:40; Hebrews 5:13-14; 1 Peter 2:1-3). He wants us to grow, and become spiritually mature in Christ. So, whether I like it or not, feel comfortable or not, I intend to disclose the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27). I'm out there sharing all these things with you, not because I'm above anyone else, but because I care. I know how cruel life can be outside the family of God. You may choose to 'like or unlike' but God's WORD will never change. By the grace of God, I will continue writing and sharing these things with you as long as God lendeth me breath.

Now let me downshift.

Imagine yourself in the place of a condemned prisoner standing before the judge and jury, your eyes downcast. You had done what they accused you of, and had been convicted of your crime. Now you were throwing yourself on the mercy of the court, asking them to not sentence you to death, even though you knew you deserve to die .

Apart from the love and mercies of God, which He poured out to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we are like a prisoner. When you first chose to include God in you life, you came to Him as a condemned prisoner. You asked for, and received, His mercy when you didn't really deserve it. Christians, as you continue your walk of faith there’ll be times where you’ll doubt your right to ask God for more mercy. The good news is never doubt God’s love for you. His love is so full that it fills the whole earth. “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning...” (Lamentations 3:22-23). All glory to God.

Forgiving God, when we forget, remind us of Your bountiful love for us, and show us the ways to share that love with others. Help us to come before You with reverence and humility. Thank You, Heavenly Father, that though we are great sinners, but we have a great Savior - Jesus Christ. In whose name I pray, amen.