. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Bread Of Life

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

MATTHEW 4:4 ~ Jesus answered, ""It is written: "Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.""

What do you live by? What consumes the majority of your time, energy, and attention? It could be any number of things: the way you look, your job, your friends, your talents and skills, a desire to earn money or more of it, achieve successes, or even a particular sport or activity.

Relationships, work, hobbies, and having fun are healthy, but if you turn to them for all your satisfaction and purpose, you'll wind up feeling very empty. In this verse, Jesus says that no one can really be living if they aren't continually connected to the life source, who is God. He says that humans can only live from everything God says.

When your heart, mind, spirit, and soul don't feed on the substance of God's truth, it has the same effect as when your body doesn't get food. Not only will you get hungry, but without nourishment, your body doesn't operate like it should and you'll eventually die. You are designed to depend on God. He will fill you up with what is true and meaningful when you spend time with Him in His Word every day. I have been practicing this myself, and when the storms of life gets tougher sometimes, I drown myself more in Scriptures until the storms have passed away.

It's amazing how God's Word can and will sustain you both in plenty or in want. I'm encouraging you try it out - it's truly the best possible way to live.

"Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to Me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in Me will never be thirsty." (John 6:35)