. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Thursday, September 07, 2017

To God Be The Glory!

Penned by: Erlinda Mejia Olson
On Sunday, 7th of November, 2010 at 2:12AM MST
Posted on Thursday, 7th of September, 2017 at 8:35AM CDT

DEUTERONOMY 6:5 ~ "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."

ROMANS 11:36 ~ "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen."

"To whom be glory forever."  This should be the sole desire of every Christian.  "Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name,"(Psalm 29:2).  All other yearnings we have must be yielding and supportive to this one.  As Christians, we may aspire for affluence in our venture but only afar as it may help us to prop it up — "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever."  We may aspire to achieve more gifts and more graces, but it should only be that, "To Him may be glory forever."  We are not conducting ourselves to behave as we ought to do when we are compelled by any other desire than a single eye to our Lord's glory.  As Christians, we are  "of God, and through God,"  we live  "to God, and for God".  Let nothing ever set our heart beating so exceedingly as love to Him.  Let this aspiration fire up our soul.  Let this be the foundation of every endeavor upon which we venture in. Let this be our sustaining desire whenever our passion would grow cold—to make God as our only aim.  Rely upon Him.  Where self begins misery begins.

But, if God be our utmost pleasure and our only aim:
                     ... For whether love may abound, His joy we have gained.                                      Sufficient for the day His grace brings.

Let our desire "to glorify God" be a mounting desire in our heart. We blessed Him in our childhood days, but let us not be content with such praises as we offered Him then. Have we not prospered in our enterprise because of God’s providence? Let us give Him more as He has given us more. Have we not gained knowledge and understanding from seeking His Word? Then let us worship Him by stronger faith than we practiced before. Does our wisdom increase? Let us walk more wisely and humbly. Have we not enjoyed much cheerful days than we once had? Then let us delight ourselves in the Lord (Psalm 37:4).  Have we not been comforted from our illness, and our misery has been turned into peace and joy? Then let us give Him more music—let us put more embers and more sweet frankincense and myrrh in the center of our adoration.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me,
and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me
when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)
Primarily in our life let us honor God, "book-end" it with an "Amen" to this adoration to our Almighty and gracious God, by our own individual act of service with reverence and godly fear, and increasing holiness in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil; For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."(Colossians 3:17) .
💓💓💓

TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Frances J. Crosby, 1875

To God be the glory, great things He hath done,
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.
Refrain:
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the people rejoice!
Oh, come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He hath done.
Oh, perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,

To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truely believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
Great things He hath taught us, great things He hath done,

And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.