. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Friday, May 27, 2011

I Follow Christ

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

MATHEW 16:24 ~ "Then Jesus  said to  His disciples, "If  anyone wishes  to  come after  Me,  he must deny himself,  and take up  his cross  and  follow Me.""

You Ask Why I Follow This Jesus?
Why I love Him the way I do.
When the world's turn away from His teachings.
And the people who serve Him are few.

It's not the rewards I'm after,
Or gifts that I hope to receive.
It's the Presence that calls for commitment.
It’s the Spirit I trust and believe.

The Lord doesn't shelter His faithful,
Or spare them from suffering and pain.
I never know what comes tomorrow,
But I do know I'm never alone.

It's the love always there when you need it. 
It's the words that redeem and inspire.
It's the longing to ever be with Him.
That burns in my heart like a fire.

So  you ask why  I love my Lord Jesus?  
Well  friend,  that's  so  easy to  see.
But the one thing that fills me with wonder is, 
"Why Jesus loves someone like me."
-Anonymous-

I follow the Lord Jesus because He first loved me (1 John 4:19) .  I follow the Lord Jesus because He died for me (Galatians 2:20).  The Lord Jesus has set me free! (Romans 8:2). "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." (Romans 1:16).