. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Monday, March 28, 2011

Determined To Serve

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14 ~ "Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

What could be more humbling than to sing for the Lord in acapella because the sound system wasn't working.  Because I was determined to serve the Lord through the commitment I made to the community where I grew up, that I decided not to mind the flaws.  I was very much content to be the master of  ceremony, but to sing was a different story.

This experience reminded me of these words by Pastor Paul Chappell.  He said: Perhaps, it was one of Satan's darts thrown at meto distract me ... to embarrass me.  But such uncanny situation wasn't new to me.  It didn't stop me from doing the right thingto please the Lord in every situation no matter what!
"It takes great determination to be a servant of God.  Determining to serve God means the invitation of the devil's attacks, temptations, and distractions.  The devil doesn't mind Christians who live for self and ignore God's commands.  Such Christians make no impact in the world.  Yet when a child of God determines to serve no matter what, trials are sure to come."
The Lord promises to protect those who are faithfully serving Him ... "Through  God we  will do valiantly, for  it is  He  who shall  tread down our  enemies." (Psalm 60:12)  I am determined to serve God no matter what comes in my life.  I chose to serve Him.
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Matthew 16:26)