. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Friday, January 14, 2011

Finding Love On The Internet

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

PROVERBS 3:5-6 ~ "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path."

In this new era of high technology, it's not surprising to see that technology has even changed how some people fall in love. Although some people still find true love the old-fashion way, but it's undeniable that many today are using the internet - high-speed DSL, Wi-Fi, chat rooms ... a world of potential for bloggers and IMers alike, to find love. Every day, there are many "love-seekers" testing the waters of online dating, looking for new schools of fish in the proverbial sea. The risks are high, but when approached with utmost caution, cyberdating can be a great experience.

To avoid "sharks",  I'd like to share these helpful tips for all the singles out there:  (a) use an email address without your name in it; (b) ask questions-don't be naive; (c) conceal personal information until trust is established but not to the point where you become pretentious and paranoid; (d) when meeting face to face: inform your loved ones who you're going to meet and where you're going, much better if you go with a group date, stick to public places, be sober-be a good listener-be calmed, be level-headed, and carry your mobile phone with you if possible avoid texting infront of this person unless it's an emergency; (e) always put your safety first; and (f) don't forget to pray every step of the way!