. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life-Bringing Floods

PSALM 68:3 ~ "But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful."

A river delta is a fertile area of land created as a result of the flow of sediment down a river. When the river overflows its bank, the soil is enriched. Still, it can be hard to see the long-term benefits in what looks like destruction.

God's presence can feel like a flood in our lives as it washes away some of the dirt. God always brings more than He asks us to give. Just as flooding always leaves more than it takes, God's presence leaves more of Him in our lives.

Be prepared for God to sweep away some of the old and replace it with His new things for you.

"Create in me a clean heart , O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10)

Merciful Heavenly Father, you know everything we feel; you see every tear and every fear. Remind us that your presence is cause for celebration. I pray in Jesus precious name, amen.