. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Monday, July 10, 2017

Unto A Place Called HEAVEN

By: Erlinda Mejia Olson
Penned: Monday, July 10th, 2017
Time: 07:45AM CST

JOHN 14:1-3 ~ "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In my Father's house are many mansions; If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

Previously, I had been blessed with an opportunity to write about, What Is A Home?  I was pretty much referring to our earthly home.  Now, let me shift to a higher gear. As much as we all find having a roof over our heads important in this life, we now need to discuss our eternal home.

Unlike the earthly homes, the eternal home comes in two kinds, with unsimilar characteristics, they are pre-constructed, and unmodifiable. It has one door, once you decide to enter, there is no turning back.

What are these two kinds of eternal homes? In this article I will discuss the first kind. In John 14:1-3, the Lord Jesus is preparing a house - not just a "house", but a mansion. Can you begin to imagine living in a mansion with the Lord? Where is this mansion He's talking about? In His Father's house. And where is the Father's house? It is in the third Heaven ... (2 Corinthians 12:2). In other words, the first kind of eternal home will be with the Lord Jesus - unto a place called Heaven.


What is Heaven? It is certainly a REAL PLACE! Not floating on the clouds, playing a harp forever, like some people believe. It is a place of splendor and majesty. A place where beauty is beyond imagination! It's a place that has many mansions where the saints of God will live; mansions which are designed and built specifically and uniquely by God Himself. We see all the palaces and mansions that people are living today that we think are so beautiful, but will never come close to these mansions that God has built. All these man-made palaces and mansions are but temporary; they will be burned up by God someday (2 Peter 3:10).

Heaven is a place where all the hardships of this world will be gone. There will be no more tears for "...God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." (Revelation 24:1). All things made new ( read Revelation 21:2-4).

But above all, God is in Heaven. As saved Christians, we all look forward to seeing God and the fullness of His glory; be reunited with Him, and with our saved loved ones who have gone before us.

How do you get there? In John 14:6, the Lord Jesus said, "...I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."  So, not through our church, not through our own good works, not even through our religion or our family, that a person will get to Heaven. Reservation fee is not needed. You don't need to buy this place, because it has been purchased for us, by the blood of Christ (Revelation 5:9). It is a GIFT (Ephesians 2:8-9)!  By God's amazing grace, I have claimed this gift 20 years ago when I received Jesus Christ as my Personal Lord and Savior because of what He has done, and not what I have done. Now, it is totally up to you my friend to claim this gift. If you decide to claim this gift, the title is yours forever in Christ, it is non-transferable, nor could you lose it.

Friend, I know that there are many times in this life when we can become weary of what life brings down our path, but don't lose heart. When Satan tempts you to despair, think of what Christ has done for you and where He is now. Remind yourself of Heaven. And, yes, I so desire for us to be friends and neighbors, but not just in Facebook, but eternally in my MANSION in HEAVEN with our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. Will I see you then? 

All for the greater glory of God in Christ Jesus. 

💓💓💓
Matthew 16:26 ~ "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?   
James 4:14 ~ "whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away."