. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Be Still...& KNOW: Circumstances and Excuses

As I was going through my early morning meditation, I came across a topic shared by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It raised a bar on my radar screen. I thought this would be a good one to share with you all as we try to face our tasks each day while juggling our time between now and then around the people we interact with on a daily basis. And in the midst of doing all our best, we feel like it just wasn't good enough. The mighty blameshifter called 'self ' begins to creep in, then you start looking for excuses simply as a scapegoat. My radar screen is telling me not to go there. I don't want you either.

Here's an insight:

"I was never an impatient person—until I had these twins!"

We’re all tempted to think that we’re the way we are because of the situation we’re in.  We feel that if our circumstances were different, we would be different: more patient, more loving, easier to live  with. If  our circumstances make us what we are, then we’re all victims. We aren’t responsible. We can’t help the way we are. But here’s the truth: Our circumstances don’t make us what we are. They just reveal what we are. The exasperated mother had always been an impatient person. She just didn’t realize it until God brought new circumstances into her life. He wanted to show her what she was really like so He  could  change  her. The circumstances of life can be really hard, but they’re no excuse for sin. Ask God to show  you what you’re really like, so He can change you.
__________________________________

I hope this insight has become a breath of fresh air for you as you start your day. Whatever your role, and whatever your day may bring, no more of those excuses, excuses, excuses! Blameshifts and excuses - are two ingredients toward self-waning, but the Lord wants us to lean towards self-sprouting.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139:23-24). God bless your day!