. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Monday, May 27, 2019

A Memorial Day Remembrance

Penned By: David and Erlinda Olson
On Monday, May 24th, 2015 at 3:01AM CDT
Posted on Monday, May 27th, 2019 at 22:07PM CDT

JOHN 15:13 ~ “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”

President Abraham Lincoln once said:
“When I left Springfield (to assume the Presidency) I asked the people to pray for me. I was not a Christian. When I buried my son, the severest trial of my life, I was not a Christian. But when I went to Gettysburg and saw the graves of thousands of our soldiers, I then and there consecrated myself to Christ.”
Friend, our busy lives may take us away from the little things that are so worthy of remembrance. Let this not be so. Let us not forget to pause and think of those who sacrificed their lives so we may be able to freely live our lives.

This Memorial Day, let us remember our heroes of war—alive and fallen—who dedicated their lives for the cause of freedom—freedom that we all so cherish and enjoy today.

May this Memorial Day be an everyday remembrance for all of us that FREEDOM COSTS MUCH.

ABOVE all, let us remember our Lord Jesus Christ, who laid His life for the world so we can be fully free—free from sin and death.  So we can have the life eternal.
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)
"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36)
In GOD WE TRUST (In Deo speramus).  May you have a blessed and meaningful Memorial Day commemoration!

THE STAR SPRANGLED BANNER
Written By: Francis Scott Key, 1814

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Isaiah 54:10
““For the mountains shall depart
And the hills be removed,
But My kindness shall not depart from you,
Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,”
Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.”

_____________________________________________

HEAVENLY FATHER, we are very grateful for the freedom we enjoy today as a Nation and as citizens of this land You richly blessed.  Thank You for our heroes, alive and fallen, who exhibited true bravery beyond the call of duty.  Their heroism enabled us to continue to live our lives and profess our faith in You fearlessly.  Thank You for their families who willingly endured the pain of losing their loved ones in war.  Be with them, Lord, comfort them, encourage them.  In Your own special way, continue to be with those who are still alive today, who uncowardly and unconditionally giving their lives as they continually fight for the price of freedom.  Most of all, Thank You for the freedom we have found in Your Son, Jesus Christ; who endured the cruel death on the cross, despised by His own, mocked and shamed for our sins, so we can be fully set free from the power of sin and death.  His death paid the price for our eternal life.  Thank You, Lord, for all that You have done for this country and for the name of freedom.  We pray all these things, in the name of Your precious Son, Jesus Christ, amen.
_________________________________________
Journal Date: 5/24/2015
Time: 3:01AM CDT