. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Be Still My Soul - In God I Rest

Penned By: Erlinda Mejia Olson
On Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 at 6:45AM CDT
Posted on Thursday, July 12th, 2018 at 23:33PM CDT

Main verse: Psalm 46:10 ~ He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
“Be still, my soul, the LORD is on my side…” I have been pondering on these words as I woke up in the mercies of my Perfect Peace, Christ Jesus my LORD and Savior. In the stillness of the dawning of a new day, as I heard my beloved’s sweet gesture of  “see you later”  as he made his way out the door for work, tickled my heart. I hurried myself out of the bed hoping to catch the LORD’s sunrise. Sitting in front of our patio door, in such a great awe, I am gazing at the beauty of the Heavens  – as the wind blows through the trees, the birds are singing, as I am gazing at the busy squirrels going up and down the tree gathering food for the rainy day…it starts to rain!
... "The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork." (Psalm 91:1) ...

My heart is consoled.  My mind is refreshed.

With great joy and gladness, my heart whispered, “there is no other place I would rather be than to be in the presence of my LORD.” To listen to Him speak through His words, as I read and meditate on them. A perfect place to start and end my day – as I obey Him through the tasks He has set before me – day by day. I know they will never be easy, but I chose to live in truth - putting on the whole Armour of God (Ephesians 6:10-18) for my defense. The battle is the LORD’s – so my soul comforted.

Right there is my perfect peace. Perfect not because I am perfect, not because I am sitting in an ivory palace, not because my life is a bed of roses, not because everything is going well in this life journey. But rather, Perfect because I am serving a Perfect, Almighty, Unchangeable God - Who enables me to read His Book, pen in my journal - in the midst of life’s catastrophe - when life’s havoc provokes me to feel fear, discourage, and weak – the LORD is constantly on my side, always ready to save me from all the fiery darts the enemy of this world will throw at me. With my beloved, I stepped out in faith with concerns and decisions that we are praying through as a couple - continually seeking for the LORD’s guidance and direction in many things.
... “I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” (Psalm 121:1-8 NIV) ...
As the rain continues to down pour hard - every rain drop is refreshing – it is refreshing to pour out all my cares before the LORD - listening, talking, allowing the LORD to deeply search my heart. As the LORD lifted my eyes to His power and might, everything fell into place through that lens. Peace and comfort drenched my soul and lifted my voice to declare His goodness and faithfulness to every rain drop that falls on the ground.
... “The LORD has established His throne in heaven, 
And His kingdom rules over all.” (Psalm 103:19 NKJV) ...
I may not be able to look at the beauty of the Heavens every day, but each day, the LORD Jesus is waiting, calling us to pour our hearts out to Him, to talk it out, to bring them all out in the open casting all our cares into the light of His Loving Presence. Letting Him reveal His truth into our hearts.

By the LORD’s faithful promises through His WORD , and in all Godly wisdom and discernment - I am able to trust in Him no matter what beholds in the future - as I propel into the unknown - in God I trust, in God I hope. Be still, my soul - in GOD I rest. 
~ PSALM 23 ~
The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever."
💓💓💓
LORD JESUS, Thank you that all is welcome in Your throne room of grace. As we rest in You, with all our heart, we are lifting up also all the cares of our Family and Friends and their loved ones.  May You empower us to carry out the tasks You have set for us to do. We plead for Your continued protection and daily providence specially for those who are in uttermost danger. We humbly ask these things according to Your merciful heart, in Your Mighty Name, we pray.  Amen.