. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

When God Calms The Storm

By: Erlinda Mejia Olson

PSALM 107:28-30 ~ "Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble, And He brings them out of their distresses. He calms the storm, So that its waves are still. Then they are glad because they are quiet; So He guides them to their desired haven."

I lifted up my heart to God as I thank Him for a new day. The thoughts of Spring refreshes my soul.  In the stillness of the morning, as I waited for His Word to enlighten me. While I glanced at David who is peacefully asleep, I poured my first cup of coffee as if I needed more caffeine!

"Well, it's raining ...", there's my excuse.

My mind was spinning at a 360 degree angle as I was juggling between my schedules.  The more I shouldn't have coffee, right?

I was pacing back in forth in our room.

"What is it?", so I asked.

There is something in me that I never have before, and it's undeniably consistent.  I went to God's Word, and I stumbled on this text on Psalm 107:29 that says,

"He calms the storm, So that its waves are still."

I almost choked!

That's it!  "There is peace."  "My soul is consoled!"

Wow!  In such great awe to the Lord, all I could say at that very moment.

I never thought that it was going to be that hard to figure it out.  And I know why?  Because the peace I now have is a gift from God.  It is REAL.  Yes, an unmerited gift. I have been praying for it for a long time, and it's such a humbling journey when you know that God has granted it to you.  Because this peace I have, is not something that I have acquired on my own so I could sit still or fall asleep soundly at night. Or write in my journal in the middle of a storm.  It is not fabricated by any other sources.  This peace gives me joy.  It binds my wounds.  It soothes my soul.  It rejuvenates my being.  It's unselfish and secure.  Moreover, it desires to glorify God and lift others up. It fixes my eyes on my Risen Savior. It gives me strength when I'm at the lowest point of my journey. It gives me courage to press on.  It gives me hope when all other sources have ceased.  It does me good.

The world doesn't know that kind of peace.  Nor can give that kind of peace.  Nor can produce that kind of peace.

Genuine peace can never be bought at any price.  If it can be, then it ceased to be genuine.

The world may try to say, "Yes, it can."

With what?

With all the vain things it can afford?

If that is so, then how come this world, with all its lust and vanities, is still in quest for peace.  Hoping to bring calmness into a generation that is perverse and ungodly.
"But the wicked are like the troubled sea, When it cannot rest, Whose waters cast up mire and dirt. "There is no peace," Says my God, "for the wicked."" (Isaiah 57:20-21)
When God calms the storm, it is instantaneous as He speaks.  It's permanent.  It brings order.  It saves lives (Matthew 14:28-32).  His divine power shines to the uttermost part of His being because He is a loving God. The Almighty God, so full of mercy and grace.  Who deserves all the glory and honor.

Who can know it?

Oh Lord, I am still … there is Peace.  My soul knows it very well.

Thank You, my Dearest Lord Jesus!
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)