. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Jesus Is The Reason For The Season

By: Erlinda Mejia Olson

ACTS 4:12 ~ "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."


It is soon Christmas, and December has come with all the hope and joy of Christmas bliss. But what truly is the real meaning of Christmas? Is it the Christmas shopping, the anticipation of unwrapping gifts underneath the tree, Christmas ornaments, stockings hanging on the fireplace mantle, the glowing lights on the doors and windows, greeting cards in the mail, fancy meals with family and friends?


As much as I see Christmas as a season of good tidings and great joy, but I have witnessed for some people, Christmas is a time of sadness. Sad about not having enough money to buy gifts for their loved ones and friends. Others are sad about missing their loved ones who will not be able to come home for Christmas. While others are so busy thinking about making money and more money for the coming New Year.  Is this really Christmas? These reasons can be good, if they don’t replace the true meaning that this season brings.

Christmas is a time of celebrating our God’s great love for the world by giving His only begotten Son to save us from our sins (John 3:16).  Reviving our hearts, renewing our minds of the things above that only the true meaning of Christmas can bring, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, the Messiah, the King of kings and the Lord of lords.

My friend, it won’t make your Christmas less of a Christmas because you don’t have all the money and fancy 'gizmos' for the holiday cheers! The absolute meaning of Christmas is having a personal relationship with the ONE whom we are celebrating this season for, the LORD Jesus Christ—the reason for the season.  Until then, Christmas may just be one of those seasons in your life that comes and goes.

The only way to have a meaningful Christmas is by receiving the gift of salvation that Jesus has offered to all, if you haven't done so.  If you have received it, this will be the greatest gift you could ever give to anyone.  By doing so, you will have Christmas everyday in your heart!
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
May you and your loved ones have a blessed Christmas!