. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Monday, September 19, 2011

Asking God For Help

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

LUKE 11:9-10 ~ "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

What motivates us to go to God for help?  We bend our knees before His throne for countless reasons.  If we genuinely desire to strengthen our  faith, our lives in all faces, then we need to put aside a generous time each day to ask God for help. 

As Christians, we are instructed to pray often.  Prayer should become an integral part of our daily life.  It should not be an on-and-off kind of thing practice.  When we feel like it, or whenever we feel like it, or if we have time.  We converse with God because we have a personal relationship with Him through our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. We want to go to God because we LOVE Him and TRUST Him.  It is more than just a sheer emotional display of feelings.  We should  pray without ceasing.  Otherwise prayer will just be an afterthought.

However, it is important to note that genuine prayer requires much more than bending our knees, bowing our heads, and closing our eyes.  Heartfelt prayer is an attitude of the heart, coming from the very core of our being—surrending every fiber of our being to God.

If your prayers have become more a matter of habit than a matter of passion, you are robbing yourself of a deeper relationship with God.  And how can you rectify that situation?  By praying more frequently and more fervently, diligently.  When you do, God will shower you with His blessings.  His grace.  His mercies.  His love.

Many of us, even well-intentioned believers, tend to "compartmentalize" our walking hours into a few family categories of work, rest, play, family time, and worship.  And to do so is a mistake.  Worship and praise should be woven into the fabric of our lives.  Prayer should never be regulated to a weekly three-hour visit to church on Sunday morning.
Accoding to Dr. Wayne Oates (an American Psychologist and Theologian): "Many of my prayers are made with my eyes open.  You see, it seems I'm always praying about something, and it's not always convenient, or safe, to close my eyes."
Dr. Oates comprehended that God always hears our prayers and that the relative position of our eyelids is of inconsequential to Him, but "the effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16b)

Therefore, as you petition God each day, ask Him for the strength and the wisdom to regard your life as His.  And if you haven't done so, now is the best time to give your life to God through His Son, Jesus Christ (John 12:26).

During the coming days, as we continue to live our lives, day by day, we will face trials and temptations, but with God's help, we can treat our lives as the priceless, one-of-a-kind gift that most certainly is of value to God.
"Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."  (Proverbs 30:5)

Song:
Savior Like A Sheperd Lead Us