. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Friday, August 26, 2011

Seek To Please God

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

MATTHEW 10:24-28 ~ ""A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master."  It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household!  Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.  "Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.  And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.""

Don’t look to be accepted by others. Just serve God and look to accept others ...

Are you a people pleaser?  If you are inclined to spend most of your time and energy on what people think of you, you will easily wear yourself thin if you are trying to get their approval. It is difficult to know who you are and be comfortable with who God made you if you are constantly seeking to please other people all the time.

In these verses (Matthew 10:24-28), the LORD Jesus is saying that it is unhealthy for us to take relationships with people more seriously than our relationship with God.  The apostle John talks about those who rejected the LORD Jesus in his day saying:  "For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God" (John 12:43).  Afraid of being rejected by others, they rejected the LORD Jesus  instead.  In 1 Thessalonians 2:4, the apostle Paul  made it crystal clear that he and the other followers of the LORD Jesus  had only one individual they wanted to please: "But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts."

In the stillness of your heart, walk humbly, allowing every fiber of your being to seek the countenance of God.  He thinks you are incredible, nothing is hidden in His sight, and He delights to see you establish who you really are in Christ, regardless of how others may respond.  Don't aim to please people.  Seek to please God. Only His approval lasts and only what He thinks really matters.
"Men pleasers constantly worry about their image.  Christ pleasers consistently work on their integrity." (Kurt Skelly)