. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Monday, September 22, 2014

Loving Like Jesus

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

PHILIPPIANS 2:1- 4 ~ "Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."

Driving out west has become one of my favorite places to journey through. The magnitude of God's magnificent creation is exhibited in all its grandeur. Balanced. Well-thought out, very intricate. It made me think of how God really loved us that it shows even in His creation. The more I admired the sceneries, the more I thought that we don't deserve God's love. And yet, He gave it to us unconditionally through our Lord Jesus Christ (John 3:16).

As I was reading my daily devotion I couldn't bear the thought that each word written was meant to describe my picture of God's love for us in relation to our spiritual journey.

I wish I could take you to journey with me to the west.  But at least I can take you to where my heart was at that very moment through this daily devotion I want to impart with you, hoping it will encourage your spiritual journey as it did to me:
"In our spiritual walk, it should be our goal to become like our Lord Jesus Christ in every way. He came to live inside us the moment we accepted Him as Lord and Savior. Therefore, all of His qualities are resident within us, if we allow them to become active and living, as well as exhibited. 
The reason Jesus was able to die for those who despised and rejected Him was the fact that though He loved those people, His love for the Father was greater. Our love for the Father must be greater than our love for others. In that, we can love those who disappoint and hate us because we want to be obedient to Him. As Jesus said, "Love one another as I have loved you. This is how the world will know that you are My disciples" (John 13:34-35).
Agape love is unconditional. It’s the way that God loves. And so, if we claim to live in Him, we must walk as He did—our love must be like His (1 John 1:6). After we submit to His love in this way, the power that works within us (the Holy Spirit), enables us to be able to do so. Remember, to do His will must also become our will, as it will never work for us otherwise.
This is a lyric from a classic song: "What the world needs now, is love, sweet love." What the world offers now is lust and sex being passed off as genuine love. What the world needs to see is the true form of love—found in Jesus Christ, demonstrated by His disciples.
We're to be in the world, but not of it. Separate, but not absent. Has the Father been allowed to show Himself to the world through you today? Express His love to others and the results will come."
"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

May the love of Jesus be with you as well.  Today and always.