. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Monday, April 08, 2013

Balance and Perspective

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

2 SAMUEL 22:30-32 ~ "For by YOU I can run against a troop; By my GOD I can leap over a wall.  As for GOD, His way is perfect;  The word of the LORD is proven;  He is a shield to all who trust in Him. "For who is GOD, except the LORD? And who is a rock, except our GOD?" "

Imagine living in a world without a sense of order and balance.  It would be disheartening, wouldn't it?  Life is a balancing act.   Sometimes, in the midst of the demands of  daily life,  we lose perspective.  Life seems out of balance, and the pressures of everyday living seem overshadowing.  What is needed is a fresh perspective, a refurbished sense of balance.  We need the Lord.  It is necessary to consult our Heavenly Father more than once each day.

If a temporary loss of perspective has robbed us off of the spiritual fitness that should be ours in Christ, then it is time to reset the rudder, our thought patterns.  Negative thoughts are habit-forming, thankfully, so are positive ones.  By putting it into practice, we can form the habit of fixing on God's priorities and our possibilities. When we do, we will soon realize that we will spend less time fretting about our challenges and spend more time praising the Lord for His abundant gifts.

When we call upon the LORD, and diligently seek His will, He will grant us wisdom and discernment.  When we make God's priorities our priorities, He will guide our ways and appease our apprehensions.
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  (Matthew 11:28-29)
So, today and every day henceforward, ask the Lord for a sense of balance and perspective.
"that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.  And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all." (Ephesians 1:17-23)
Learn by heart that thoughts are intensely powerful things. Therefore, handle them with care.

May the peace of Christ be with you always.