. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Sunday, September 07, 2014

The Beauty of Aging Well

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

LUKE 2:36-38 ~ "Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity; and this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
 An ad says:  "Non-surgical facelift. No drugs. No pain." 
The world is at war with old age. Trying every trick in the book to make you feel and look younger. Fighting it with all the ammo available: exfoliators, astringent, anti-aging serums, facelift, botox, diamond peel, body spa, and so on. But who says the fun ends when youth runs out? Who says the best is not reserved for the final years? Like Anna, she was old and may have achy bones and failing eyesight, but it didn't matter because she can still pray at the Temple. In return, God rewarded Anna's faithfulness by giving her the biggest moment of her life toward the end of her time. She was able to see the Lord Jesus face to facethe Messiah who would save her people.
Aging can be delicate, yet a Godly process when we are aging gracefully in the LORD.  He knows us inside and out.  It only makes sense to consult the ONE who created usbody and soul (Genesis 1:27Genesis 2:7; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Hebrews 4:12).
The reason why most people are afraid to grow old because they are afraid to die.  Because they don't really know for sure where they are going. 
Friend, are you afraid of old age?  More so, are you afraid to die?  The great news is, you don't have to be afraid, the Lord Jesus offers eternal life:  ““Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”” (John 11:25-26).  And you can know NOW for sure where you are goingby accepting God's simple plan of salvation.  I won't waste my time writing this journal, if God hasn't said it in His Word.
"Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed. Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:  looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears" (Hebrews 12:12-17).
Don't be weary if the world doesn't find you beautiful.  And youthful glow is no longer in you.  But if you have God's Sonthe LORD Jesus in your life, you are just as beautiful and vibrant in God's eyes. He will be with you if your remain in the LORD, "Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you." (Isaiah 46:4)
So, bring on old age!  Each day is a step closer to Jesus!
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).