. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A New Role: Trained By Saving Grace

TITUS 2:13-14 ~ "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."

Imagine that you are given a small role in a play at a local theater.  After a few weeks of rehearsal, the producer decides that you should be recast as another character.  This role is larger and different from your other one, but better.  You still don't quite know what you did to deserve it but you are elated and grateful for the opportunity.

Being in CHRIST is like being handed a whole new role in lifeexcept this one is permanent.  What He calls us to is completely different from the world around us and what we are used to—it is much better!  CHRIST paid the price to set us free from evil and give us a new life.  But that doesn't mean we will never struggle with sin again.  There may even be times when we wonder if dabbling in a little sin is OK since we can always ask God's forgiveness.  Apostle Paul asks the same question in Romans 6:1-2 and concludes that since Jesus has saved us from sin, there is no reason why we should return to it.  We have been handed a new life  that  is better than anything sin could offer.

Let us walk in the fullness of the role we have been given.  Let God's gift of graceeternal life and a permanent relationship with Him motivate us to daily obedience as we are being molded into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." (Romans 8:28-30).
Song:
HAVE THINE OWN WAY LORD
By: Adelaide Pollard, 1907

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.


Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way
Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.


Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!
Power, all power, surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine.


Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me.