. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Thursday, January 06, 2011

It's A Beautiful LIFE!

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

2 CORINTHIANS 12:9 ~ "And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

It’s four o' clock in the morning, and I’m still wide awake like an owl. My mind is spinning at a 360-degree angle. I’m thinking about the LORD, my loved ones, my friends, the world, my life. I could go on and on. They’re all good thoughts, I thank the Holy Spirit for that.

I’m suddenly having this great appreciation for life not because everything is perfect, but simply because I have found my balance. By the LORD's grace, I thought it's a great way to start a new year! Balance is one of those good things in life that is difficult to find considering  the world we live in, is imperfect.

For me, imperfection is what make life beautiful. Meaningful. Colorful. The more I get to know the LORD, the more I appreciate the shortfall of life. I'm not saying that I'm inviting chaos, or that I haven't desired at some point in my life to have a perfect life. Who doesn't anyway? But the reality is that there is no such thing as perfect. But the world wants me to see that perfection is now possible, attainable. The only way I could think it's possible is through self-defiance. But I'm not living in defiance anymore. I now know the truth, and I live in the truth. I thank the LORD for His great love for me. When He bore my sins at the cross on Calvary, I have found my perfection. He gave it to me for free, and it's eternal. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures." (James 1:17-18).

It truly is a wonderful blessing from the LORD to be able to paddle a canoe of life forward in perfect balance. When both mind and heart are insync in His goodness and will. When He answers my plea with a yes more so with a no, that life is still at its best for the LORD has spoken, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27). I learned such a characteristic of God in a hard way for calmness is not one of my innate qualities until I personally know Him. For a worry boat like me, I can joyfully say that life is perfect when you are in the LORD. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7).

So now, in whatever situation I find myself paddling at, though my canoe may topple sometimes as the waves of life gets tougher, but knowing who keeps my balance perfectly steady, and holds my imperfect life perfect, certainly makes the journey even more worthwhile. To be always in the LORD...It's a beautiful LIFE!
"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)