. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Casting All Your Care

By: Erlinda Mejia Olson

1 PETER 5:7 ~ "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

I recently had a person ask me if I had anything that could help a person with a severe depression. This did not surprise me. As I look at the society and see all the troubles that our society has, it is not a shocker to me anymore that people worry themselves into depression. With the existing global crisis, the complexity of problems these days, the pressures of the aging process, the demands of jobs, the problems that families go through, or just problems of life in general - are channels for people to get worried and depressed.

In our scripture reference, God commands us to cast upon Him all our cares because He cares for us. When God used the word 'care', He was talking about all of our concerns, worries, anxieties, mental pains, or anything that would lead you to self-destruct. As much as people don't like to admit that they have these problems, we all have our concerns about the future; we all have our anxieties and uneasiness about situations we face in and outside our families. It may not be you, but it could be someone in your own families, friends, your neighbors next door, strangers, etc. Regardless of the reasons presented to you, we all have our worries concerning situations that we can't seem to control no matter how hard we try to fix them. However, the good news is this, we have Someone Who really wants us to bring about all these cares upon Him - this someone is JESUS.

The Lord Jesus is concerned about you and all your cares of life. I know at times it seems like nobody is there to really listen and care about your cares of life. But in a Christian's point of view, it sure is comforting to know that we do have Someone Who is concerned with our cares. But if we don't bring these cares before Him, we are sure to set ourselves up for depression, misery, and gloom as well, which are the result of trying to work through these problems by ourselves. The difference between a Christian and a non-Christian is this: for the non-Christians, they rely on their psychiatrist or counselor to whom they bring their problems, who listens and gets paid for it, but can do nothing for their cares other than prescribe medications that are mere sedatives, that only mask the problems instead of fixing them. While, Christians have CHRIST, Who doesn't need to prescribe any medication that only masks the problems, for HE Himself is the perfect and only antidote for all our cares of life. Christ heals you inside and out, body and soul. You don't need prescriptions. You can have Him for free - He is available 24/7.

I don't know what your worries are today, but let me assure you that the Lord Jesus is out there waiting for you. Who really wants to help you with all the cares that you are facing today. Give them all up to Christ and trust Him that He will help you through. Just remember that our Lord Jesus Christ, carried the whole weight of my sins and your sins to Himself on the Cross at Calvary. Therefore, there is nothing too great in the grace of God.

Let me end this message with a song. Every word has spoken to my heart. I hope it will speak to your heart as well. Have a peaceful day in the LORD.

IN THE SHELTER OF HIS ARMS

When my soul was disturbed with sorrow
When my heart was burdened with sin
Jesus opened His arms of mercy
And tenderly took me in.
There is peace in the time of trouble
There is peace in the midst of the storm
There is peace though the world be raging
In the shelter of His arms.
There are storms that we all encounter
Do not fear they will do you no harm
In the Lord, you will find protection
In the shelter of His arms.
In the shelter of His arms.
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)