. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting Practical - The Difficulty To Love

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

1 JOHN 4:7-8 ~ "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

From time to time I get to visit my fellow sisters' in Christ at Fourth Baptist Church through their blogsite, Women in the Word. I have been reading and meditating on their weekly bible study online and share them here in ITLJournal.  On their recent posting, I came across with this particular topic about love. This is not the first love topic I have encountered, but for some reason I can't let this topic go by without sharing it with you.
"... What makes it difficult for you to love others? Do you struggle to love others because of pride? Selfishness? Do you see the response of "I need ME time" as selfish? God calls us to love others and that takes sacrifice; it takes giving up something we want for the good of another. What excuses do you give to NOT show love? Evaluate those excuses and determine if you have a biblical reason for withholding love. If you do not, take time to repent and ask God to help you practice love in a biblical way. We know this is hard work, yet it honors our Savior and is so worth it." 
I pray that these questions have spoken to you as much as they did to me. Afterall, you can't go on living the life that you have right now without loving God and others. For GOD is LOVE (1 John 4:8).