. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Friends Forever

By: Erlinda Mejia-Olson

PROVERBS 27:5-6  ~ "Open rebuke is better than secret love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."

Are you the "green-eyed monster" (in layman's term means 'envious or jealous') type of a friend?  Does it hurt your pride if a friend throws a constructive criticism at you?  If a friend says  "no"  for your own good?  Would you grow cold towards your friend if he or she doesn't always do or give in to your wants and wishes? Does jealousy start to spring up everytime your friend receives more compliments than you do?

Remember Judas Iscariot who sold our Lord Jesus for thirty pieces of silver to religious leaders of Jerusalem (Matthew 26:14-16)?  Before Christ's betrayal, Judas was one of His twelve disciples (Luke 22:47), who was with Him and dined with Him. The Lord Jesus reached out to him though He knew from the beginning that Judas was going to betray Him.  At the garden of Gethsemane, Judas betrayed our Lord with a kiss (Luke 22:48).

Genuine love in friendship encourages a person to be honest, transparent, and constructive.  It builds up-bridge up to seal the gap of hypocrisy, jealousy, and competition among circle of friends.  A true friend always speaks the truth.

Have you ever been a Judas?  Are you genuine to your friends?  Who are you like?

Our friends paint themselves on our faces. "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friends" (Proverbs 27:17). So, choose your friends carefully." (Proverbs 12:26)