. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Jesus Christ Is Precious

By: Unknown Author

PSALM 139:15-18 ~ "My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You." 

... There is no challenge so great in our lives that we can't overcome it.  So to tell others of Christ ...
One Sunday, while delivering his message he repeated the sentence, "Jesus Christ is precious."  His helper whispered to him: "But you already said that twice." Newton turned to his helper and said loudly, "Yes, I've said it twice, and I'm going to say it again: "Jesus Christ is precious!"
Most, if not all of us, have heard John Newton's story of his salvation. He was once a slave ship owner, enslaving men for his own gain, he was saved and spent his life freeing men from the bond of sin for God's glory!
But even when Newton was old and had physical limitations, he never ceased from declaring how good God had been to him. No matter where he was, or who was around him, he took time to relay the miracle of his salvation to others.
Isn't God's salvation a miracle? The fact that God would send His only Son to die a cruel death on the Cross for people who had rejected Him, is a mind-boggling. But what's even more stounding to think of is the fact that with all that Christ has done for us, we sometimes fail to tell others of Him.
John Newton didn't allow blindness and a weak voice to keep him from declaring God's goodness. So what excuses are there for us? God commands us to tell the world of His miracle of salvation in our lives (Matthew 28:19-20).
What is holding you back from witnessing to others? There is no challenge so great in our lives that we can't overcome it so to tell others of Christ. Whether through a tract or even sharing your testimony with others, determine to tell at least one person today of God's love. After all the Lord Jesus Christ has done for you, what keeps you from obeying Him?

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus," (Romans 3:23-24).