. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

By Their Fruits You Will Know Them

MATTHEW 7:17-20 ~ "Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them."

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus warned people against false prophets. With simple logic, Jesus pointed out that “every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit … So you’ll know them by their fruits” (Matt 7:17, 20). For not everyone who says to Jesus, “Lord, Lord!” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of His Father in heaven (Matt 7:21).

Later on toward the close of His ministry, Jesus challenged His followers with similar words. There earlier had been those who appeared to place their trust in Jesus, but Jesus was not fooled by outward expressions of faith that were unaccompanied by obedience (John 2:23–25). The many who had believed in Him, He urged, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed” (John 8:31). Sadly, most did not heed Jesus’ words.

So on His way to Gethsemane Jesus reiterated His challenge once again: “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.” (John 15:7–8).

Are we easily satisfied with out new status in Christ and slack in our obedience? Let us not forget that it is by our fruits that we prove to be Jesus’ followers and glorify our Father in heaven.

Reference: Biblical Foundation