. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Monday, January 12, 2015

Acres Of Diamond

By: Daily In The Word

1 TIMOTHY 6:6-9 (NKJV) ~ "Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition."

"Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor." -Benjamin Franklin-

Years ago, Russell Conwell, a Baptist Minister, told of an ancient Persian, Ali Hafed, who owned a very large farm that had orchards, grain fields, and gardens...and was a wealthy contented man. "One day a wise man from the East told the farmer about diamonds and how wealthy he would be if he owned a diamond mine. Ali Hafed went to bed that night a poor man--poor because he was discontented.

Craving a mine of diamonds, he sold his farm to search for the rare stones. He traveled the world over, finally becoming so poor, broken, and defeated that he commited suicide. One day the man who purchased Ali Hafed's farm led his camel into the garden to drink. As his camel puts its nose into the brook, the man saw a flash of light from the sands of the stream. He pulled out a stone that reflected all the hues of the rainbow. The man had discovered the diamond mine of Golcanda, the most magnificent mine in all history. Had Ali Hafed remained at home and dug in his own garden, then instead of death in a strange land, he would have had acres of diamond.

While he could have had the greatest riches man had ever discovered, Hafed left the wealth he already owned in search of more. Discontentment led him to a wasted life of sorrow.

First Timothy 6:6-8 in KJV says, "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and rainment let us be therewith content." This passage of Scripture coincides with the prayer of Job, "...the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."

Someone once said, "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have." Like Job, we must thank God for what He has given to us and what He has taken from us.

If your child were to constantly complain and whine about what they didn't have, would you be inclined to buy it for them? Of course not! But what if they happily played with their toys or enjoyed the things they had. Then you would want to buy them more! Even so, when you are content, God can bless you with more.

How often do you complain about what you don't have? Why should God give you more when you don't appreciate what He's already given you? One of the saddest lives lived is one filled with discontentment and complaining. Practice contentment today. When tempted to complain about what you don't have, thank God for what He has given you! Because if all you had today was your salvation, you would be the wealthiest person on earth.
"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:11-13 - NKJV)