. . . I don't claim that I know everything about life. But one thing I am certain that apart from the love and mercies of Christ—I AM NOTHING. " But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."(Galatians 6:14). All to JESUS I surrender. . .all to Thee my Blessed Savior. . .I surrender all. Thank YOU my Precious LORD JESUS for all Your blessings in my life. I love YOU, and thank YOU for loving me first. Forever Yours--Erlinda Mejia Olson

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Christ My Faithful Friend

By: Erlinda Mejia Olson

JOHN 15:12-14 ~ "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you."

Christ has given me many blessings in my life
He has always encouraged me in sorrow and strife
I have had plenty of good times over the years
But there have also been many heartaches and tears
He has used many diverse things to complete His task
But many more of one special thing I always ask
You see, what has blessed me more than any other
Is having some faithful Christian sisters and brothers
Who will stand by my side and help me fight
When the battle gets tough and lose my sight
Of my supreme Commander-in-Chief and fall
Giving in, unheeding my LORD’s pleading call
With Christ’s strength through them, I soon begin
To get up and fight Satan's evil force again
Then there are those times I find myself stopping to think
How He saw me in the pit of despair beginning to sink
And sent someone my way to help pull me out
So I could once again give a victory shout
Christ has given me many a faithful friend
Who would stand by me till the bitter end.
But none have been as faithful and true
Christ Jesus, my Savior and Friend
Loving, kind, patient, understanding is He
My life's joy, my all in all
Had it not been for His precious Word to me
My life could have ended in utter catastrophe

I thank the LORD, for allowing me my sorrows to share
I thank the LORD, for helping me my burdens to bear
I thank the LORD, for His death on the Cross to save me

You, Oh LORD, deserves all the glory and praises
Apart from Your amazing love
I could be writing a different story.
I CAN'T brag about my love for God because I fail Him daily. But I CAN brag about His love for me because it never fails (1 Cor 13:8). Oh, the Love of God (Romans 8:38-39)!